Labelling and Claims – UK/EU Regulations for Cosmetics (17 January 2022)
Webinar Delivered via MS Teams
17 January 2022
Time: 10:00hrs (UK local time)
Duration: Approx 60 mins
Fee: £150 (£95 for 3 or more persons)
This specialist event is one in a series of Delphic HSE webinars to provide the most current and relevant information for professionals in the cosmetic industry.
The marketing impact of labelling and packaging is vital to the commercial success of cosmetics. Attractive displays define the brand and support global sales.
All cosmetic products for sale in the EU and UK must comply with regulatory standards for the way products are labelled and the claims made for their performance. The standards are laid down in Article 19 of Regulation 1223/2009/EC and in Regulation 655/2013.
In this webinar, experts from Delphic HSE will carefully explain the applicable regulations. We will guide you through the steps you can take to make sure that the labelling of your products are fully compliant with regulatory standards.
The topics covered on the webinar will include:
- How ingredients are to be listed and use of the International Nomenclature for Cosmetic Ingredients (INCI)
- Use of attached or enclosed product information leaflets
- Further information symbols and their use on labels
- Different languages – rules for when and how these are used
- Best practice for claim substantiation and communication of evidence
- Applying the 6 ‘common criteria’ for claims
- Examples of acceptable and poor labelling
Questions: Delegates will have the opportunity to raise questions during the webinar and to raise further questions by email following the webinar.